Welder / Fabricator
Summit Body is an Employee-Owned Company that has served the commercial truck and transportation industry in Portland for over 35 years! We build and mount dry van truck bodies, flatbeds and refrigerated vans. We’ve tripled in size in four years and we are still growing. To support that growth, we are looking for a Welder to assist in our Production Department. A welder at Summit may weld flatbeds, frames, upfit truck bodies or assist with special projects. Typically, no two days are the same!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Operate a press brake, metal notcher, punch and shear.
- Cut to size various materials using a cut list including steel, aluminum and wood.
- Convert and form raw material from sheets to various parts.
- Read a production order for lengths, widths and heights.
- Read and execute from detailed blueprints.
- Fabricate and assemble rear frames and roll-up doors.
- MIG and TIG welding. (We use mild steel, stainless steel and aluminum.)
- Assist management with other various tasks as requested.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, Experience or Education:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced production environment with shifting priorities.
- Previous experience in welding, manufacturing, or other related fields.
- Lift, carry, push and pull 75lbs. consistently. Ability to handle the physical workload.
- Must have your own transportation and valid driver’s license.
- Pre-employment drug test.
- High-school diploma, GED or relevant experience.
- Welding Hood.
- 3/8″ Air Impact
- 3/8″ Air Drill
- Socket Set
- Adjustable Wrenches
- Screwdriver Set
- Plier Set
- Combination Wrench Set, Standard and Metric
- Cordless Drill and Impact Driver
- Tape Measure
Summit Body & Equipment is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Fill out the form for a quick response. You can also reach us by phone or e-mail.
We look forward to working with you.
You can also reach us by phone or e-mail: