Reports to: President / CEO
Starting Wage: $50-$60K DOE
Summit Body has served the commercial truck and transportation industry in Portland, Oregon, for over 35 years building and mounting dry vans, flatbeds, and refrigerated vans. Summit’s Kent, Washington, location has similarly been servicing the commercial truck and transportation industry in the greater Seattle area since 1978, repairing and refinishing all makes and models of medium, heavy duty, specialty, and fleet vehicles.
Our Sales Coordinator is responsible for effectively coordinating sales-related activities and supporting the sales staff to provide an industry-leading customer experience. The position requires someone who has exceptional organizational skills, interpersonal savvy and advanced communication skills, initiative to lead and collaborate with others, problem-solving and prioritization capabilities, and a natural eye for detail and accuracy. The Sales Coordinator is an essential role in achieving Summit’s long-term goals.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Fully administer and monitor corporate programs such as bailment pools and other direct-to-manufacturer relationships.
- Regularly quote van body and other product lines for Summit distributors.
- Act as the primary backup for the territory salespeople for quoting and customer communication when they are unavailable.
- Act as the liaison between the outside sales team and operations when system information is unclear or incomplete.
- Manage Summit’s warranty administration per Company policy.
- Coordinate delivery of vehicles to and from customers. Establish and maintain relationships with drive-away providers and work to establish secondary sources where possible.
- Review and update Summit’s Customer Relationship Manager (CRM). Provide training to territory salespeople and ensure CRM standards are followed.
- Verify sales documentation submitted for order processing is correct and all required information is included before submitting for production.
- Process verified quotes and create production orders.
- Coordinate the movement of chassis in various stages of completion between third party vendors.
- Manage communication regarding production schedule and stages of completion for major fleet orders, stocking dealers, and similar high-volume customers.
- Collaborate with all departments to ensure sales, marketing, customer inquiries and deliveries are handled efficiently and seamlessly for our customers.
- Assist with the creation and execution of marketing efforts.
- Monitor and communicate budgets for salesperson expenses. Submit monthly expense reports to the Director of Sales for approval.
- Assist the President with other tasks as requested.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Direct or indirect manufacturing and/or similar industry experience is preferred.
- Ability and interest in working in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Skilled at communicating information verbally and in writing so others clearly understand.
- Exceptional customer service skills; proactive and committed to following through to completion.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and organizational efficiency.
- Self-directed, displays curiosity and seeks opportunities to learn.
- Leadership and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, Access database, ERP and CRM software.
- Basic math skills.
- Demonstrates honesty and integrity in all business practices.
- Ability and interest in working in a fast-paced and changing environment.
Salary range of $40K – 50K/year DOE, health/dental/life insurance, paid vacation, 401K plan and ESOP participation.
Summit Body & Equipment is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Fill out the form for a quick response. You can also reach us by phone or e-mail.
We look forward to working with you.
You can also reach us by phone or e-mail: