General Production and Assembly
Department: Production Reports to: Production Supervisor
Do you thrive in a fast-paced work environment? Are you a competitor that takes pride in beating goals? Summit Body has served the commercial truck and transportation industry in Portland for over 35 years, but these last few years we’ve been growing fast. Out and about in the Northwest, you’ve probably passed the Summit logo hundreds of times without noticing – but you will now. We recently became employee-owned, so if you’re a hard worker that wants to control your own destiny we’d like to sit down and have a talk.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Read a production order for lengths, widths and heights. Accurately perform measurements with a tape measure.
- Retrieving, lifting and carrying assorted sizes of parts.
- Operate machines such as drill presses, wood and metal cutting band saws, table saws, circular saws and other basic shop machinery.
- Use various assembly tools such as files, drills, screw guns, rivet guns, saws and other tools.
- Read and execute from detailed blueprints and other engineering drawings. Basic math skills.
- Correctly, accurately, efficiently and safely assemble components to suit job requirements.
- Perform small fabrication and assembly operations of large and small steel, aluminum, fiberglass and wooden parts using hand held power tools and equipment.
- Must be available to work overtime, including Saturdays, if required by production schedule.
- Assist management with other various tasks as requested.
- Safety glasses with side shields and face shields.
- Leather steel toe boots.
- Knee pads and gloves as required.
- Follow safe work instructions and maintain an organized workspace.
- Other department or job specific personal protective equipment as required.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, Experience or Education:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced production environment with shifting priorities.
- Maintain a clean, orderly and safe work environment.
- Standing for long periods. Walking, moving, kneeling, stretching, twisting, bending, reaching, squatting, pushing and pulling frequently.
- Lift, carry, push and pull 75lbs. consistently and 125lbs. occasionally. Climb ladders frequently.
- Work outside and in a non-temperature controlled environment.
- Must have your own transportation and valid driver’s license.
- Pre-employment drug test.
- High-school diploma, GED or relevant experience.
- 3/8″ Air Impact
- 3/8″ Air Drill
- Socket Set
- Adjustable Wrenches
- Screwdriver Set
- Plier Set
- Combination Wrench Set, Standard and Metric
- Cordless Drill and Impact Driver
- Tape Measure
Summit Body & Equipment is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Fill out the form for a quick response. You can also reach us by phone or e-mail.
We look forward to working with you.
You can also reach us by phone or e-mail: