Department: ServiceReports to: Operations Manager
Starting Wage: $20-$25/Hr DOE, health/dental/life insurance, paid vacation, 401K plan and ESOP participation.
Procure the highest quality, most cost-effective parts, and raw materials to provide flexibility in and meet the timeline of the repair schedule. Manage and maintain acceptable levels of inventory, organization, and accuracy.
Summit Body has served the commercial truck and transportation industry in Portland for over 35 years building and mounting dry vans, flatbeds, and refrigerated vans. In 2021, Summit acquired a Seattle-area service center, formerly National Truck & Paint Specialists. Summit’s Seattle location has similarly been serving the commercial truck and transportation industry in the greater Seattle area since 1978, repairing and refinishing all makes and models of medium, heavy duty, specialty, and fleet vehicles.
The Parts Coordinator is a vital member of Summit Body’s staff. This position has overall accountability for parts acquisition and returns. The Parts Coordinator is responsible and accountable for communicating with others to ensure the repair process runs smoothly and to schedule. The position requires someone who has passion for assisting others, exceptional interpersonal skills, is good at assessing priorities, has an eye for detail and strives for accuracy.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Source, order issue purchase orders and track parts for repair orders upcoming or in process using Company systems.
- Receive parts sales calls from customers and generate parts quotes. Process parts quotes into invoices and receive payments for Parts Department counter sales.
- Participate in daily production meetings, providing report on the statue of inbound parts.
- Create part numbers and purchase orders following Company guidelines.
- Pick-up and drop-off of supplies, parts, materials, customers, vehicles, and a variety of other errands using Company vehicles authorized by the Operations Manager.
- Unload parts and other freight with a forklift or hand truck.
- Receive and stock parts in designated locations. Compare packing list quantities with purchase order quantities. log in all parts to quick books daily.
- Facilitate parts returns for pick up or delivery to the original supplier after jobs are completed.
- Assist Shop Supervisor and technicians staging all parts to their workstations when they start repairs.
- General forklift driving inside the facility as well as movement of parts and materials around the property.
- Assist Shop Supervisor with yard maintenance as required. All discarded parts must be discarded to appropriate bins daily.
- Call vendors for pick up if garbage or metal bins need to be emptied.
- Maintain parts inventory and organize by repair orders (RO), label all parts by RO and customer name, and keep parts area clean and neat.
- Assist Office Specialist and Shop Supervisor in checking out vehicles to customers as jobs are completed.
- Assist Shop Supervisor in parking, moving, and staging trucks for repairs.
- Assembly of racks, furniture and other miscellaneous projects as assigned.
- Always maintain a clean and organized parts areas.
- Meet with staff and vendors to discuss and resolve defective or unacceptable goods or services; determine corrective action and follow-through.
- Evaluate potential suppliers based on partnerships, price, quality, and speed of delivery.
- Improve methods and processes to improve productivity, reduce costs and improve quality.
- Assist the Operations Manager with additional tasks as requested.
- Develop, build, and execute outside parts sales, cold calling potential customers.
- Create a positive work environment where employees are self-motivated to improve business performance, are inspired to learn and grow, and take pride in delighting Summit’s customers.
- Create a competitive win-win environment for employees, suppliers, and customers.
- Exceptional attention to detail and follow-through on all projects, tasks, and assignments.
- Intermediate to advanced level proficiency in MS Excel, Word, Outlook, and ERP systems.
- Ability to drive a forklift.
- Must pass pre-employment drug test and annual random retesting.
- Must have own transportation and valid driver’s license.
This position is varied office/desk oriented with intermittent physical shop/yard work. Office work includes working on a computer, using the phone, and attending meetings with the operations team. This position interacts routinely with floor activities and is also exposed to factory noise, forklift traffic, and occasional exposure to wet conditions, vibration, and fumes or airborne particles. On rare occasions there may be a need to lift, carry, push, and pull 50 lbs. Stooping, bending, twisting, climbing ladders and standing for periods of time may occasionally be required.
The Parts Coordinator’s routine office hours are 7:45am to 4:30pm, Monday through Friday. They are expected to flex their work hours as required in support of local management team as needs arise and encouraged to be visible to all the employees.
Summit Body has served the commercial truck and transportation industry in Portland for over 35 years building and mounting dry vans, flatbeds, and refrigerated vans. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Summit Body & Equipment is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Fill out the form for a quick response. You can also reach us by phone or e-mail.
We look forward to working with you.
You can also reach us by phone or e-mail: