Reports to: Office Manager
Starting Wage: $19–$21/Hr
Summit Body has served the commercial truck and transportation industry in the Pacific Northwest for over 35 years building and upfitting dry vans, flatbeds and refrigerated vans. In 2021, Summit acquired a Seattle-area service center, which repairs and refinishes all makes and models of medium, heavy duty, specialty, and fleet vehicles.
Our Office Specialist is a vital member of Summit Body’s staff; as the first point of contact for phone inquiries and visitors to the office. The position requires someone who has passion for assisting others, exceptional interpersonal skills, is good at assessing priorities, has an eye for detail and strives for accuracy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet and assist site visitors including the pickup and drop-off of vehicles
- Answer phones in a polite and timely manner. Route calls to the appropriate personnel
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of the customer waiting area daily
- Operate fax machines, copiers, printers and other office machines
- Administer company recruitment efforts at your location:
- Follow recruitment Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to post open positions
- Make outbound phone calls to applicants to pre-screen and schedule interviews with hiring managers
- Maintain tracking systems for applicants, contacts made, interviews, and other provided metrics
- Remove job postings when positions are closed
- Process credit card payments
- Contact customers weekly regarding outstanding invoices based on Accounts Receivable (AR) report
- Create bank deposits when customer payments are received
- Prepare and file correspondence and documents as instructed, process incoming and outgoing mail, schedule appointments, and conduct other general clerical duties in support of all departments
- Order and organize office supplies monthly to provide budget. Stock office areas such as closets and bathroom weekly
- Process and maintain files to organizational standards. Retrieve files and other documentation as requested
- Assist with internal event planning, including monthly Company lunches, and picking up food and drinks
- Print and process new hire paperwork; schedule and send new hires for required testing
- Collaborate with Office Specialist at other locations, and gather content for monthly newsletter
- Check open invoices daily to see if material has been received
- Receive and reconcile Purchase Orders (POs) in Merchandise Received in the Company Database
- Compile current invoices from Accounts Payables (AP) report and prepare them for payment
- Weekly updates to various spreadsheets for efficiency, taxes and other tracked data
- Print employee of the month awards, post to company social media, and bring engagement ideas to team
- Organize conference room and other meeting room bookings
- Work closely with the Office Manager to complete special projects and tasks.
- Comply with all federal and state regulations and Company procedures and policies.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Administrative or clerical experience in a business environment.
- Exceptional customer service skills; proactive and committed to following through to completion.
- Consistently demonstrates a polite and professional demeanor.
- Skilled at communicating information verbally and in writing so others clearly understand.
- Planning and organizational efficiency with attention to detail.
- Initiative, and displays curiosity and seeks opportunities to learn.
- Ability to effectively work in an environment where priorities shift frequently; remains calm in the face of adversity.
- Demonstrates honesty and integrity in all business practices.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, and experience with Access database, ERP and CRM software.
The Office Coordinator’s routine office hours are 7:45am to 4:30pm, Monday through Friday. They are expected to flex their work hours as required in support of the local management team as needs arise and encouraged to be visible to all the employees.
Salary range of $19 – $21/hour DOE, health/dental/life insurance, paid vacation, 401K plan and ESOP participation.
Summit Body & Equipment is an equal opportunity employer. Nothing in the job description guarantees employment and/or restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Employee must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodation.
Fill out the form for a quick response. You can also reach us by phone or e-mail.
We look forward to working with you.
You can also reach us by phone or e-mail: