Office Specialist – Kent, WA
Reports to: Office Manager
Starting Wage: $19–$21/Hr
Summit Body has served the commercial truck and transportation industry in the Pacific Northwest for over 35 years building and upfitting dry vans, flatbeds and refrigerated vans. In 2021, Summit acquired a Seattle-area service center, which repairs and refinishes all makes and models of medium, heavy duty, specialty, and fleet vehicles.
Our Office Specialists is a vital member of Summit Body’s staff; as the first point of contact for phone inquiries and visitors to the office. The position requires someone who has passion for assisting others, exceptional interpersonal skills, is good at assessing priorities, has an eye for detail and strives for accuracy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet and assist site visitors and answer phones in a polite and timely manner. Monitor main number voicemail.
- Process incoming and outgoing vehicle check-ins, log customer information, and add repair order to timeclock.
- Prepare repair orders, take photos of customer vehicles, and upload to database.
- Print reports on repair labor hours once complete and enter information into weekly efficiency spreadsheets, and update whiteboard in employee breakroom.
- Update weekly efficiency spreadsheet.
- Monitor employee timecards, review with management, and make adjustments as needed.
- Process customer payments and direct counter sales.
- Process and maintain Accounts Receivable files and contact customers regarding past due accounts.
- Process and maintain Accounts Payable files, schedule weekly check run.
- Payables entry on all expenses unrelated to parts.
- Stock office supplies and place once monthly stock supply order from Amazon Business account.
- Preserve office cleanliness, maintain office plants, and restock brochures and business cards.
- Comply with all federal and state regulations and Company procedures and policies.
- Work closely with the Office Manager to complete special projects and tasks.
- Prepare and file correspondence and documents as instructed, process incoming and outgoing mail, schedule appointments, and conduct other general clerical duties.
- Create and maintain schedule of Friday lunches, including weekly management engagement segment. Order and pick up food.
- Run errands in company van as needed to support office, service and parts departments’ needs.
- Create and update Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as needed.
- Collaborate with members of Kent and Portland teams to gather content for Newsletter. Produce Newsletter and distribute to company emails, and via mail to all employees by the 14th of each month.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Administrative or clerical experience in a business environment.
- Exceptional customer service skills; proactive and committed to following through to completion.
- Consistently demonstrates a polite and professional demeanor.
- Skilled at communicating information verbally and in writing so others clearly understand.
- Planning and organizational efficiency with attention to detail.
- Initiative, and displays curiosity and seeks opportunities to learn.
- Ability to effectively work in an environment where priorities shift frequently; remains calm in the face of adversity.
- Demonstrates honesty and integrity in all business practices.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, and experience with Access database, ERP and CRM software.
The Office Specialist’s routine office hours are 7:45am to 4:30pm, Monday through Friday. They are expected to flex their work hours as required in support of local management team as needs arise and encouraged to be visible to all the employees.
Salary range of $19 – $21/hour DOE, health/dental/life insurance, paid vacation, 401K plan and ESOP participation.
Summit Body & Equipment is an equal opportunity employer. Nothing in the job description guarantees employment and/or restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Employee must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodation.
Fill out the form for a quick response. You can also reach us by phone or e-mail.
We look forward to working with you.
You can also reach us by phone or e-mail: