Material Handling Specialist
Reports to: Parts Manager
Starting Wage: $19–$22/Hr
Summit Body has served the commercial truck and transportation industry in the greater Northwest for over 40 years building and upfitting dry vans, flatbeds and refrigerated vans, and servicing the repair needs of our customers. In support of our growth, we are looking for a Material Handling Specialist to streamline the day-to-day processing, handling and organization of parts, materials and equipment in our Kent, Washington operation.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Lot management which includes but is not limited to: moving and organizing trucks to accommodate daily work orders, organizing materials, and keeping the grounds free from trash and debris.
- Driving in a company vehicle to pick up and return materials to nearby suppliers.
- Receiving product from a variety of sources from common carrier deliveries and hand-trucks to flatbed trailers and vans.
- Inspect deliveries to ensure accuracy of order and product quality.
- Labeling and staging incoming parts into designated areas and issuing parts for in-process work orders to technicians.
- Stocking product in the proper inventory location and notifying management immediately of shortages and overages.
- Always ensure the cleanliness of inventory areas and shop.
- Empty garbage cans in shop, break down boxes/pallets and discard verified scrap parts daily.
- Perform daily inventory count of vehicles parked in the yard and inside the shop.
- Perform daily inventory count of parts staged and designated for repair jobs.
- Perform cycle counts of inventory upon request or as scheduled.
- Pull and stage product for will call orders.
- Issue will call orders to customers.
- Assist the Parts Manager with tasks as requested.
- Close and secure the building at the end of the day.
- Always maintain a safe work environment and report any unsafe conditions to management immediately.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, Experience or Education:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities.
- Lift, carry, push and pull 75lbs. consistently.
- Forklift driving experience and certification preferred.
- Must have your own transportation and valid driver’s license.
- A CDL license is preferred, but not required for this position.
- Pre-employment drug test.
- High-school diploma, GED or relevant experience.
Summit Body & Equipment is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Fill out the form for a quick response. You can also reach us by phone or e-mail.
We look forward to working with you.
You can also reach us by phone or e-mail: