Department: Production Reports to: Production Manager
Summit Body has served the commercial truck and transportation industry in Portland for over 35 years building and mounting dry vans, flatbeds and refrigerated vans. In support of our growth, we are looking for a Forklift Operator in our Production Department to manage incoming and outgoing shipments as well as yard maintenance.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Receiving product from a variety of sources; from common carrier deliveries and hand-trucks to flatbed trailers and vans.
- Inspecting deliveries to ensure accuracy and product quality.
- Staging and loading completed box trucks; ensuring loads are secure and within proper guidelines.
- Moving goods packed on pallets or in crates around the facility and warehouse.
- Stocking product to the proper inventory areas and notifying management immediately of shortages and overages.
- Installing labels and decals to various parts and products.
- Measuring, cutting, fastening, and forming other various materials.
- Ensuring the cleanliness of inventory and production/fabrication areas.
- Performing cycle counts of inventory upon request or as scheduled.
- Assisting the Management with other various tasks as requested.
- Washing trucks as necessary.
- Maintaining a safe work environment at all times and report any unsafe conditions to management immediately.
- Performing daily equipment checks such as recharging batteries and lubricating equipment.
- Overseeing the work area and keeping equipment in a clean and orderly condition and following prescribed safety regulations.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, Experience or Education:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced production environment with shifting priorities.
- Lift, carry, push and pull 75lbs. consistently.
- Forklift driving experience required.
- Must have your own transportation and valid driver’s license.
- Pre-employment drug test.
- High-school diploma, GED or relevant experience.
- Tape Measure
- Work Boots (Steel Toed Leather)
- Work Gloves
Summit Body & Equipment is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $16.50 per hour
Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
Temperature checks, masks required.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Warehouse Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Forklift: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Fill out the form for a quick response. You can also reach us by phone or e-mail.
We look forward to working with you.
You can also reach us by phone or e-mail: