Material Handler & Forklift Operator
Department: Purchasing Reports to: Purchasing Manager
Summit Body has served the commercial truck and transportation industry in Portland for over 35 years building and mounting dry vans, flatbeds and refrigerated vans. In support of our growth, we are looking for a Material Handler and Forklift Operator in our Purchasing Department to manage incoming and outgoing shipments and yard maintenance!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Lot management which includes, but is not limited to: checking-in new truck chassis, checking-out completed truck chassis, driving trucks from shop bays to designated parking areas, moving completed bodies to designated areas on the lot, organizing materials and keeping the grounds free from trash and debris.
- Receiving product from a variety of sources from common carrier deliveries and hand-trucks to flatbed trailers and vans.
- Inspect deliveries to ensure accuracy and product quality.
- Shipping product via common carrier, medium-duty trucks and commercial flatbed trailers.
- Stocking product to the proper inventory areas and notifying management immediately of shortages and overages.
- Ensure the cleanliness of inventory areas at all times.
- Perform cycle counts of inventory upon request or as scheduled.
- Assist the Purchasing Manager with tasks as requested.
- Maintain a safe work environment at all times and report any unsafe conditions to management immediately.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, Experience or Education:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced production environment with shifting priorities.
- Lift, carry, push and pull 75lbs. consistently.
- Forklift driving experience required.
- Must have your own transportation and valid driver’s license.
- Pre-employment drug test.
- High-school diploma, GED or relevant experience.
- Tape Measure
Summit Body & Equipment is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Fill out the form for a quick response. You can also reach us by phone or e-mail.
We look forward to working with you.
You can also reach us by phone or e-mail: