Material Handler and Forklift Specialist
Department: Purchasing & Production Reports to: Purchasing & Production
Summit Body has served the commercial truck and transportation industry in the Northwest for over 35 years building and mounting dry vans, flatbeds and refrigerated vans. Those considered for this position must embody the company values including; integrity in all that we do, a willingness to do whatever it takes, an innovative spirit, transparent communication, a desire to bring out the best in each other and a motivation to win.
In support of Summit’s rapid growth, we are looking for a Material Handler and Forklift Specialist to manage incoming and outgoing shipments, materials to production and yard maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lot management which includes loading and unloading material deliveries, along with organizing materials throughout the facility.
- Checking-in new truck chassis, checking-out completed truck chassis, driving trucks from shop bays to designated parking areas.
- Moving completed bodies to designated areas on the lot, or onto trucks for customer delivery.
- Receiving product from a variety of sources from common carrier deliveries and hand-trucks to flatbed trailers and vans.
- Inspect deliveries of materials and chassis to ensure all items are free of damage, accurate and meet Summit’s quality standards.
- Shipping product via common carrier, medium-duty trucks and commercial flatbed trailers.
- Stocking product to the proper inventory areas and notifying management immediately of shortages and overages.
- Ensure the cleanliness of inventory areas at all times.
- Perform cycle counts of inventory upon request or as scheduled.
- Assist the Purchasing & Production Departments with tasks as requested.
- Maintain a safe work environment at all times and report any unsafe conditions to management immediately.
- Keeping the grounds free from trash and debris.
Education, Knowledge, Skills, and Other Qualifications
- High-school diploma, GED and/or relevant experience.
- Expert forklift driving skills required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced production environment with shifting priorities
- Lift, carry, push and pull 75lbs. consistently
- Must pass pre-employment drug test and annual random retesting.
- Must have your own transportation and valid driver’s license.
- The production floor noise level is usually loud requiring ear protection at all times while indoors.
- The work area has moving cranes, forklift traffic, and occasional exposure to vibration.
- This position will occasionally require exposure to fumes or airborne particles as well as occasional extended time in the sun, cold and rainy conditions.
- This position will also occasionally lift, carry, push or pull 75lbs. Stooping, bending, twisting, climbing and standing for extended periods of time is normal for position.
- Tape Measure
Hourly wage DOE, employer contribution to health/dental insurance, PTO and ESOP participation.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Summit Body & Equipment is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Fill out the form for a quick response. You can also reach us by phone or e-mail.
We look forward to working with you.
You can also reach us by phone or e-mail: