Department: Operations Reports to: Operations Manager
Do you thrive in a fast-paced work environment? Are you a competitor that takes pride in beating goals? Summit Body has served the commercial truck and transportation industry in Portland for over 35 years, but these last few years we’ve been growing fast. Out and about in the Northwest, you’ve probably passed the Summit logo hundreds of times without noticing – but you will now. We recently became employee-owned, so if you’re a hard worker that wants to control your own destiny we’d like to sit down and have a talk.
Benefits of working with Summit Body & Equipment:
- Above Average Industry Pay
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401k Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Training
- Growth Opportunities
- Long Term Job Security
- Discounts on Products
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Verify receipt of and perform an intake inspection on vehicles delivered to Summit.
- Visually inspect units for damage, missing components, and warning lights.
- Verify all the necessary features required on the check-in form are complete and marked accordingly.
- Use a tape measure to record information.
- Complete the vehicle check-in form accurately and match key tags to paperwork.
- Record descriptions of damages and missing items on the check in form. Report damage immediately.
- Move and clean vehicles as required.
- Park vehicles in the three company lots in an orderly manner.
- Move vehicles between the three lot locations per the production and upfit schedules.
- Use a battery jumper to jump trucks when required.
- Ensure that all required forms and decals have been completed and are properly displayed.
- Recover trucks and material from secondary vendors, as necessary.
- Assist the Operations Manager with additional tasks as required.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, Experience or Education:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced production environment with shifting priorities.
- Lift, carry, push and pull 75lbs. consistently. Forklift experience a plus.
- Must have your own transportation and valid driver’s license.
- Pre-employment drug test.
- High-school diploma, GED or relevant experience.
Summit Body & Equipment is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Fill out the form for a quick response. You can also reach us by phone or e-mail.
We look forward to working with you.
You can also reach us by phone or e-mail: