Box/Trailer Repair Specialist
Department: Service Reports to: Service Supervisor
Starting Wage: $20-30/Hr
Summit Body has served the commercial truck and transportation industry in Portland for over 35 years, but these last few years we’ve been growing fast. Out and about in the Northwest, you’ve probably passed the Summit logo hundreds of times without noticing – but you will now. We recently became employee-owned, so if you’re a hard worker that wants to control your own destiny we’d like to sit down and have a talk.
Our Box/Trailer Repair Specialist is responsible for the repair of damaged and dented fleet vehicle boxes and trailers, including diagnostics. Working closely with the Service Supervisor, the Box/Trailer Repair Specialist assists with the overall complete repair of customer vehicles. This is a critical role that is responsible for the quality of repairs to keep our customers satisfied. The ideal candidate has a keen eye for serviceability, is ambitious, takes direction well, and thrives in a team atmosphere.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Diagnose and repair components such as box or trailers doors, floors, and side panels
- Perform preventive maintenance on equipment including routine technical repairs and completing repair orders
- Perform general or routine welding
- Use effective time management techniques and demonstrate the ability to prioritize and multitask without negatively impacting performance or results
- Must be able to effectively and accurately complete detailed work with a sense of urgency; always keeping safety at the forefront and demonstrating safe operating procedures
- Responsible for performing preventative maintenance and general repairs on trailer, drive van, refer units, utility bodies and specialty equipment
Desired Knowledge, Skills, Experience or Education:
- Physical demands: Work is considered heavy physical work requiring the exertion of 100 pounds of force occasionally, up to 50 pounds of frequent force, and up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- Must possess strength, stamina, and mobility to perform heavy physical work indoors and outdoors, in all weather conditions with exposure to potentially hazardous chemicals
- Must be able to: Walk, lift, reach, stoop, stand, grasp, balance, climb, kneel, and crouch for extended periods of time
- Visually inspect small defects and/or small parts
- Operate machines, motor vehicles, hand tools, and job specific equipment and tools
- Determine the ability to hear and accurately interpret mechanical, technical, and business information in an environment subject to noise, vibrations, etc.
- Perform all work safely in a fast-paced work environment
The factory noise level may require ear protection. The work area has forklift traffic and will occasionally require exposure to wet conditions, fumes or airborne particles, and vibration. Intermittently throughout the day you will be required to go outside in various weather conditions.
The Box/Trailer Repair Specialist routine work hours are Monday through Friday from 5:45 am to 2:30 pm. The workweek may expand up to 50 hours per week and/or Saturday overtime to meet customer demand.
Salary range of $20 – $30 per hour commensurate with experience, health/dental/life insurance, paid vacation, 401K, and ESOP participation.
Summit Body & Equipment is an equal opportunity employer. Nothing in the job description guarantees employment and/or restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Employee must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodation.
Fill out the form for a quick response. You can also reach us by phone or e-mail.
We look forward to working with you.
You can also reach us by phone or e-mail: